At CareerNaija, we are super passionate about our users and we know that social media is the next big thing.
If you are still in doubt, the following statistics might not really shock you but let’s put things in perspective.
Unemployment rate in Nigeria: 13.9% as at October 2016 ( source)
Facebook Population: 16million ( source)
Linkedin Population:3Million (source)
Twitter Population: 7million ( source)
But wait for it…
Recruiters now use social media to source for talent. The most popular social media platform has been used actively by recruiter and employers today is LinkedIn.
So we decided to find out how precisely Job seekers use social media in their job search. Typically, we asked the following questions.
- How difficult do you think it is to get a job in Nigeria?
- What source do you rely on to get the latest job update?
- Which social network do you think is most effective for job search online?
- To gain experience, will you work without pay if you cannot acquire a paid job?
- How often do you get feedback from recruiters when you are unsuccessful in a job interview?
Fist, an analysis of participant who took the survey.
#1 How many people took the survey?
Total respondents= 495
Male = 57.8%
Female = 42.2%
No of people currently employed who took the survey = 20%
Results of the 2016 Job Seeker Survey:
There you have it. The result of the Job Seeker Survey 2016. Find below our key takeways.
Key Takeaway points:
#1: Most job seekers do not use LinkedIn, while 90% of recruiters/HR are ustakeawaykedIn to source for talent. There is a great disconnect here. If you are a job seeker, we advise that you start using LinkedIn since the platform boast of itself as the professional networking site. We got you cover in this article on how to use LinkedIn to search for a job. As a recruiter, you might want to start looking elsewhere to source for candidate
#2: The job search process is stressful enough, don’t make it harder for job seekers. Regular feedback is your responsibility.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the survey. See you next year!
Latest posts by Emmanuel (see all)
- Employability Skill Training – Register Now! - February 5, 2018
- How My Friend Became a Graphic Design Pro! before a Degree - November 22, 2017
- Where are you looking for Job- Top Jobs Search Trend in 2017? - October 25, 2017