Got a job interview?
Pass an interview successfully and landing your dream job takes a lot more than luck. This is because out of the 6 people invited for a job interview, only 1 will be offered the role. So it takes hard work, dedication, preparation and of course, this best interview tips.
In this guide, you will learn all the tips and hacks for passing an interview. You will learn how to prepare for your job interview, how to make a good first impression, how to answer the common interview questions and how to negotiate your salary.
This is by no means done. If we’ve learned anything through the years, it is that things will change and we will need to stay on top of our game. We’ll continue to update this resource month over month, year over year.
Suggestions, comments, feedback (and shares!) are welcome. Simply email me (email@example.com)
Bookmark it and you will never need to fear any interview again.
- Chapter 1: How to prepare for a job interview
- Chapter 2: How to make a good first impression at any job interview
- Chapter 3: Interview tips: Dressing for success
- Chapter 4: Interview do and don’t
- Chapter 5: Top Interview Questions and their Answers
- Chapter 6: Salary negotiation tips
- Chapter 7: Techniques for a successful job interview
- Chapter 8: Good interview skills
Chapter 1: How to Prepare for a Job Interview
What is the difference between someone who succeeds at an interview and someone who fails? Why it could be a lot but usually, the difference might be in the amount of preparation A puts into it.
Want information on how to prepare for a job interview? Here we go…
- How to prepare for a job interview
- How to Prepare for an Interview Last Minute
- Job Interview Preparation: An Essential Checklist
- How to prepare for an interview
- Step-by-Step Job Interview Preparation
- Preparation Is The Winning Difference for Your Job Interview
- 5 Steps to Prepare for a Job Interview
- 7 Company Research tip Before The Job Interview
Chapter 2: How to Make a Good First Impression
As the saying goes, first impressions last longer. But how precisely do you make a good first impression?
According to statistics, an impression is usually made within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone.
- 13 Ways to Make a Good First Impressions at A Job Interview
- 8 Ways to Make a Great First Impression at Your Next Job Interview
- Making a Great First Impression on Job Interview
- 7 Tips on How To Make a Good Impression in an Inte7 Tips on How To Make review
Chapter 3: How to Dress for Success at Interviews
Have you ever heard the saying that goes “You will be addressed the way you are dressed.”
I have seen different dressing- the good, the bad and the….
Just plain ugly.
No matter what, there are different rules for dressing. Sometimes the type of interview or location can play a role in how you dress but there are standards and safe dressing styles.
How then should you dress for that interview? Learn it here.
- Jobseeker’s Guide to What to Wear to an Interview (Men)
- Men’s Interview Dress Tips- What to wear?
- 8 Things Men Must Know About Job iNterview Dress Code
- Interview Outfit for Women
- 10 Do and Don’t: Interview Clothes for Women
- Top 10 Job Interview Atire Tips
Chapter 4: Basic Interview Do and Don’t
For everything, there are rules and regulations. You could do some things and get away with it. Other times you may not be that lucky. You will learn the best interview do and don’t.
- Job Interviewing do and Don’t for Jobseekers
- Please Don’t Do These things In an Interview
- Don’t and Do In an Interview
- Body Language: Interview do and don’t
- 6 Major Do and Don’t at a Job Interview
- Job Interview: All the Classics Do and Don’t
- Interview Do and Don’t
- 20 Interview Dos for 2017
- 100 Job Interview Do and Don’t100 Job Interview Do
Chapter 5: How to Answer the Top Interview Questions
Most job seekers see an interview as an interrogation process while in actual fact, an interview is a discussion between…
Well… two potential colleagues.
Yet, there are tonnes of interview questions every job seeker should expect. Depending on the interview, you may be asked different types of questions. While it is impossible to predict all the questions to expect, here are guides to the common interview questions and how to answer them.
- 31 Most Common Interview Questions and Answer
- Ten Tough Interview Questions and Ten Great Answers
- Interview Questions and Answers
- The Most Difficult Interview Questions and Answers
- 7 Really Hard Interview Questions You Must Answer Properly
- 30 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions
- 15 Common Job Interview Questions for freshers and How to Answer them correctly
Chapter 6: Best Salary Negotiation Tips
The part of an interview that scares most job seekers is the salary negotiation stage. Because of the desire to get a job, most people shy away from discussing their salary during the interview, only to get the job and find out that
They either are earning a lot less than their other colleagues in the same company or they are earning less than their mates in other industries.
Another thing that keeps people from getting a good bargain is usually because they are scared of the actual fact of negotiation.
Here are a few guides to help you master the art of salary negotiation.
- 12 Do and Don’t for Salary Negotiation in a Tough Economy
- How to Negotiate Your Salary Once You Have a Job Offer
- How to Negotiate Salary
- A Recruiter’s Inside Scoop on Salary Negotiation Tips
- How to Negotiate Salary: 37 Tips You need to Know
- 10 Salary Negotiation Mistake You Need to Avoid
- The Exact Words to Use When Negotiating Salary
Chapter 7: Techniques for a Successful Job Interview
For those of you still not sure how to make your interview successful, here are a few articles that will show you the best interview techniques.
- 10 Tips For A Successful Interview
- Successful Interview Techniques
- Interview Techniques and Tips
- Job Interview Tips and Techniques That Works
- 10 Tips to Ensure Successful Interview
- The Secret to a Successful Interview
What are your secret sauce for passing any job interview? Let us know in the comment.
PS: Ready to just start your job search career? Start here for all the latest jobs in Nigeria today