Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Finance Assistant at Action Against Hunger
ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- Reconciling of vendors payment with the Red Rose platform for payment.
- Check that all daily report summary sheets, the daily transaction sheets and the amounts on the Platform correspond.
- Ensure transparency throughout the process of unconditional / conditional cash transfer program.
- Make payments after verifying the consistency of supporting documents submitted in accordance with the ACF’s procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed.
- Manage the base’s bank book - BM02NGN.
- Respect ACF purchasing procedures as per KLV3 when giving an advance and to report to HoB and Finance Co if these procedures are not respected.
- Ensure that Logistics and PMs respect the supply chain guidelines.
- Liaise with the log department for any discrepancy and missing procedure.
- Clear and release cash advances with logistics / programs on weekly bases.
- Check that all invoices and their amounts are present as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in excel file.
- After the monthly accounting closure check that the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes are accurate.
- Photocopy and file all the invoices/Documents (base financial books) according to the monthly base books respectively, before sending to Capital office for archiving.
BSc. Accounting, Bachelor level degree in management, finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Organized with time management and planning skills.
- Sense of confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player).
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Experience with donor-funded programs would be appreciated.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application by email to email@example.com
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “LGA Nutrition Officer - Damaturu, Yobe”. Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.