Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Assistant Base Logistician - Warehouse at Action Against Hunger
ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- Assist the Base logistician to ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation and that all facilities (office & residence) are clean and free from environmental hazard;
- Checking that agreed work by contractors including cleaning services has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- Conduct daily/weekly facility assessment and submit report to base Logistician.
- Supervises cleaners to ensure residence areas, including tables, surfaces, bathrooms, floors, driver’s office/room and compound are cleaned at all times.
- Ensures the water level is monitored and notify Base Logistician when low on water for the residence and office;
- Responsible for fueling all generators.
- support including contingency planning and storage;
- Conduct daily check on generators and power backup and filed reports;
- Monitor and control the use of generators/vehicles fuel;
- Conduct monthly inventory of hibernation kits, and submit report to base Logistician.
- Ensure that cleaning items and provision are always available in the office and guesthouse.
- Communicate ACF’s expectations to the guards and follow up their work with support of security manager.
Minimum of a Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, procurement, supply chain or any other equivalent course.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- IT/Excel literate.
- 2 years finance/procurement work experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience working with local/international NGO.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “LGA Nutrition Officer - Damaturu, Yobe”. Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.