Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Nigeria/WCA IT Manager at GSK
Job Title: Nigeria/WCA IT Manager
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare.
• At least 8 years’ relevant experience in the application of information technology to solve business problems, with at least 2 years’ experience in IT management and relationship management with IT vendors and in-sourced IT service providers
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
• Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles and methodologies including requirements management, change management, issue management, financial management and quality control
• Good knowledge of business & cross company processes and strategies and good understanding of how the business processes are supported by key IT systems (ERP, CRM, HR respectively). Hands on experience in a program or project role will be a bonus.
• Regional working experience and proven track record in leading and influencing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
• Ability to manage complexity and derive simplicity from it whenever possible
• Strong matrix working skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
• Strong Account Management skills & customer focus
• Budget management experience
• Strong management & interpersonal skills with other cultures and communication skills.
• Strong matrix management skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
• Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude as priorities change.
Ability to proactively coach and develop staff across the varying countries and cultures.
• Ability to strategic thinking, planning and fast learning. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong spoken and written skills in English required (in addition to English, French will be an asset )
To act as a single point of contact and accountability for IT business partnering, projects and service delivery.
Stakeholder Management & Strategic Partnering
• Provide functional and thought leadership to IT and business leadership teams on ‘art of the possible’ to inspire and drive innovation and transformation in GSK businesses.
To work as IT Single Point of Contact for in-market Pharma business.
To provide leadership and consultation to Pharma stakeholders on IT investments and value-add activities in alignment and support of business strategic initiatives.
To work closely with the Pharma business to understand and ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities for countries in scope are identified, prioritized and represented in GPIT strategies.
To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of GPIT strategies and solutions.
To work with the GPIT Leadership Team and key market business stakeholders to ensure the successful and on-time strategy deployment for Corporate Business Services (CBS) and GPIT projects, target operating model and delivery of benefits.
To ensure IT budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders both locally and above country and manage/track the market IT budget.
Project Portfolio Management & Delivery
To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control budget are delivered.
Define problem statement and involve proper IT and non IT stakeholders, specialists and Business Consultants necessary to deliver Business Case and start project and ensure successful project delivery.
To ensure business users of new and/or changed IT systems modify their processes and/or ways of working to derive the planned benefits from the system.
Service Management & Delivery
To ensure that Customer Satisfaction is regularly measured, analysed, necessary corrective actions and improvement actions are taken.
To lead/facilitate serious escalation processes in countries in scope and to lead/coordinate the GPIT response to crisis situations, like unavailability of a critical system, data loss, FLU Pandemic, etc.
Support other Business Unit Operations
Support Consumer and GMS operations where there is no IT representation from these Business Units