Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Technical Director, Clinical Services at Jhpiego
Job Title: Technical Director, Clinical Services
Since its founding in 1974, Jhpiego has been innovating to save the lives of women and families worldwide. From the first day, Jhpiego has been asking the question: How can we make lifesaving services available and accessible to the people who need them—all over the world?
Clinical and/or management master’s degree in public health, international health or a related field; MD preferred.
At least 7 years’ experience managing HIV care and treatment programs at a regional or national level, including planning, designing, budgeting, supervising, evaluating and documenting results.
Computer skills (word processing, PowerPoint); statistical package knowledge desirable.
Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally
Expertise in research to practice—identifying best practices and adapting them to project realities
Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results.
Fluent in written and spoken English
Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
Extensive programming and technical expertise in HIV programs in the East and Southern Africa region.
Demonstrated strong technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in the following areas HIV counseling and testing, treatment, care, and support including retention and adherence
Familiarity with CDC and PEPFAR administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
- Provide programmatic leadership for, and oversee the strategic planning of activities in support of the program goals and objectives, including the determination of program priorities and appropriate technical initiatives
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the implementation of Jhpiego’s comprehensive HIV program, particularly in relationship to strengthening clinical services and linkages between clinical and community services
- Coordinate the work of all team members with their designated counterparts within CDC, the Nigeria MOH, as well as private sector partners and other key stakeholders in Nigeria such as NGOs and PVOs, to ensure effective technical assistance and the smooth implementation of activities
- Advise Nigeria counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or technical working groups with counterparts and partner institutions in development, adaptation and operationalization of national guidelines and policies
- Provide leadership in the design of interventions to include HIV prevention, treatment, care, and support, ensuring that interventions are technically sound, evidence-based, and are sustainable
- Represent Jhpiego and program in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Coordinate and monitor all human, financial and material resources of the program to ensure successful implementation
- Guide the analysis, synthesis and reporting of outputs and results in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Team.
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts in concert with program goals to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- Work with finance and project staff to develop and track project budgets
- Work closely with Jhpiego home office staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation
- Ensure technical compliance with CDC rules and regulation
- Support and strengthen the capacity of the Nigeria MOH to deliver quality clinical HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services
- Participate in design, adaptation, finalization and revision of national training packages and corresponding technical updates
- Support the MOH to ensure quality of facility-based HIV services through site assessments, training/mentoring of service providers, and ongoing QA support
- Ensure quality program implementation, including ensuring all program components are functioning (appropriate guidelines, supplies and materials, training programs, staff and consultants, etc.)
- Write donor reports, workplans, strategic plans and other program-related documents in a timely manner and provide prompt feedback to donor requests for information
Serve as liaison with district health management teams, including district medical officers
Nigerian nationals strongly encouraged to apply