Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
RF Optimization Engineer at MTN Nigeria
Job Title: RF Optimization Engineer
At MTN, our people are our most citical competitive asset. We employ only the very best and invest in your growth and development.If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes in the difference that people make and in delivering value to our customers, MTN Nigeria is the place for you.
- First Degree In Electrical/Electronics Engineering Or Related Disciplines
- Minimum Of 3 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialisation; With Experience Working With Others
- Fluent In English
- Experience Working In A Medium Organization
- RF Optimisation Experience With A GSM Or Wireless Telecomm Operator
- Experience On 3G Optimisation
- Training On The BSS/RAN/UTRAN Aspect Networks
- Radio Planning And Optimisation Of 2G And 3G Networks
- Training On Vendor Specific Equipment And Software
- Other General Training, E.G. Presentation Skills Etc.
- Coordinate And Monitor Managed Services Vendors To Ensure That Carry Out Optimization Activities In Line With MTNN Strategy In Order To Achieve Cell Level KPI’s Without Compromising Network Integrity And Customer Experience.
- Extract Value From What We Already Have By Focusing On Optimizing Processes Within The Unit/Department In Line With The Value Creation Philosophy. This Includes Individual Contributions And Recommendations To Improve Existing Business Project/Initiative.
- Drive Innovation By Identifying And Taking Advantage Of New Business Opportunities, E.G., By Stimulating And Encouraging New Business Opportunities, Launch Of Products, Product/Process Innovation, Business Model Innovation Etc.
- Maintain Leadership In The ICT/Digital Industry By Partnering With MTNN’s Partners To Improve Their Processes Which In Turn Will Improve The Efficiency Of MTNN’s Operations.
- Enhance/Expand MTN’s Role In The Larger National Macro Environment By Participating In CSR Projects And/Or NGO’s, Involvement In Recognized Professional Institutions, Participating In Think-Tank Activities Etc.
- Sustain The Right Organisational Culture And Behaviors By Demonstrating The Vital Behaviours Every Time.
- Measure Network Capacity And Coverage Enhancement Functions Within The Assigned Cluster With:
- Capacity - Ensure MTNN Network Accommodates Anticipated Subscriber Level 3 Months Ahead
- Coverage – Oversee Enhancement And Coverage Optimization With TMA, MHA And Indoor Repeaters.
- Technology Integration – Ensure Multiservice Sites (2G, 3G, Etc) Are Properly Designed And Integrated With Minimal Complexity And Good Inter Radio Access Technology Performance.
• Measure Network Optimization/Performance Management Within The Region With:
- Participate In LAC Planning & Optimization.
- Drive The Management And Maintenance Network Quality
• Track And Monitor Behavior And Status Of All Sites In The Cluster Which Includes:
- Nominal Plan From Coverage Steering Group
- Planned Sites
- Site Acquisition Status
- Build Configuration And Status
- Traffic Levels
- Quality KPI’s
• Monitor The Execution Of Nominal Radio Coverage And Capacity Rollout Design For The Assigned Cluster
• Monitor And Analyze Network Performance And Configuration To Ensure KPIs Are In Conformance With Targets
• Analyze Traffic, Utilization And Subscriber Growth, Continuously, In Order To Foresee Needs For Capacity Expansion.
• Review, Prepare And Load Cell Data For Integration Of Sites Onto The Network
• Coordinate Testing Of Newly Integrated Sites For Performance And Necessary Network Adjustments For Optimal Network Performance Post Integration.
• Ensure Vendor Optimisation Activities Is In Line With Optimisation Strategy Cascaded By RF Technical Specialist
• Monitor Vendor Activities Within Assigned Cluster To Ensure All Activities In Scope Are Being Carried Out
• Analyse Drive Test Logs To Ensure Coverage Is Not Compromised For Improved KPI's
• Review Changes Implemented By Vendors To Ensure Network Integrity Is Not Compromised
• Communicate And Coordinate Special Event Coverage With Vendors
• Maintain Accurate And Thorough Knowledge Of The Network Architecture
• Evaluate And Approve Capacity Expansion Requests By MS Vendors
• Vet Penalty Execution Claims Monthly