Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Recruitment Officer ( West Africa) at UKEAS
Job Title: Recruitment Officer (West Africa) – University of Dundee
The post - holder will be responsible for identifying, delivering and monitoring student recruitment opportunities through the development and implementation of a recruitment plan for target audiences in Nigeria and Ghana; raising the profile of the University of Dundee and successfully helping to achieve the outcomes that advance the University’s international strategy. The post will include attending student recruitment events throughout Nigeria and Ghana, developing relationships with key scholarship bodies and government departments, and enhancing the existing network of agents in the region.
The key objective of this post will be to significantly increase our matriculated student numbers on to undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes from scholarship bodies, agents and direct recruitment.
• Graduate of University of Dundee.
• Experience of working in University recruitment.
• Familiarity with Scotland and Scottish Higher Education
• Relevant professional qualification
• Graduate, preferably from a UK University (University of Dundee particularly desired)
• At least two years work experience in a relevant environment
• Experience in recruitment of African students for UK-based higher education programmes (strongly preferred)
• Ability to work independently, taking a proactive approach, with minimal supervision. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Self-motivation, ability to manage high workloads, meet deadlines and the capacity to resolve work issues with limited assistance.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the UK, especially the UK’s Higher Education Sector
• Understanding of the general principles of the Tier 4 General student visa regulations.
• Knowledge of the Nigerian and Ghanain Higher Education system.
• Significant administrative experience including the use of IT.
• Goal orientated and highly motivated with a flexible approach to work.
• Able to travel both within Nigeria and Ghana and overseas and to work non-standard hours when required.
• Excellent oral and written skills in both English
• Organise and undertake recruitment visits across Nigeria (including Port Harcourt) and Ghana. This will include representing the University at exhibitions, educational institutions, pre-departure briefings, agents and local partners.
• Manage the University’s relationships in Nigeria with scholarship bodies and government / industry
• Provide high quality market intelligence enabling the identification of new opportunities to optimise international student recruitment.
• Liaise with University of Dundee Internatonal Office in relation to the development and implementation of the international student recruitment strategy.
• Assist in managing and training education advisors acting on behalf of the University.
• Relationship and performance management of the university’s network of agent representatives in Nigeria and Ghana.
• Answering enquiries from agents and students in a prompt manner, and to support university applications.
• Identifying opportunities for the University to promote all of its programmes and at all levels, including niche subjects areas, across Nigeria and Ghana.
• To build, analyse and monitor student recruitment market developments in order to provide regular tailored updates to the University International Office.
• Advising prospective international students on their applications to Dundee.
• Support Dundee-based colleagues and senior academic staff in planning university visits to ensure maximum impact. As well as student recruitment trips these may include academic missions, research initiatives, alumni events including management of all logistics.
• Help manage and work within the University’s West Africa marketing budget.
How to Apply
How to apply: Please send a full CV and a cover letter detailing why you think you are best suited for the job to email@example.com on or before Thursday 11th August . Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted