Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Program Officer (Ending Eclampsia) at Population Council
Job Title: Program Officer (Ending Eclampsia)
To provide programmatic and administrative support in implementing Population Council’s USAID/MacArthur-supported ‘Ending Eclampsia’ project in Nigeria
- Level of Education: A minimum of university degree in health sciences, social science, community development, or allied fields.
- General communication & interpersonal skill level – Excellent
- Language requirement: English- excellent
- IT expertise required: Good
- Understanding of local communities and culture in Nigeria
- Ability to travel within Nigeria
- Prior experience: 3 – 5 years experience working on maternal health, youth sexual and reproductive health or similar programs
- Match program activities with the logistics and financial requirements to create enabling environment necessary for carrying out all field activities including training, research, meetings, community mobilization and stakeholders’ engagement.
- Ensure smooth running of research and program activities at project sites and provide feedback to the program coordinator
- Serve as a liaison between all facilities and field staff working on this project and the Council’s office in Abuja
- Ensure that consultants and field staff are implementing the project as planned, and of desired quality and provide feedback to the coordinator Ending Eclampsia
- Plans, coordinates and conduct monitoring activities to project sites, as assigned, in collaboration with the M&E unit, and provide feedback to the program coordinator
- Ensures that field data are captured and transmitted to the data unit in a timely manner
- Coordinate project reviews/meetings at PC office and in project states (and across international offices, if needed) and ensure that such reviews/meetings are well coordinated
- Support the organization of PC’s events to disseminate findings from the USAID/MacArthur projects.
- Provide assistance to partner organizations in implementing project activities and accelerating and/or expanding activities, where needed.
- Support the program coordinator to lead in the organization and facilitation of project related training workshops, seminars and project dissemination meetings.
- Liaise with PIs, Consultants and relevant officers working on ongoing Pre-eclampsia/eclampsia projects for the collation of relevant materials for publication and dissemination
- Ensure that projects are adequately planned and implemented in accordance with approved work plans and budgets
- Assumes active roles in sharing of project outputs through publications in journals and conferences
- Any other duties as may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
Note: The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer.