Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
PROCUREMENT OFFICER at Confidential
Job Title: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Our client is a specialized printing organization based in Lagos. Due to continuous growth and expansion, the services of a Procurement Officer have become vacant.
- Bsc in Economics, Logistics, Supply chain management, Operations management, Finance, Mathematics or statistical analysis).
- High level of computer literacy, with specific requirements for Access databases, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skill set should include: communication, active listening and learning, reading comprehension, coordination, judgment and decision making, organization, time management, writing, service orientation, negotiation, and mathematics.
- Work Value & Style: detail oriented, dependable, and cooperative, stress tolerant, independent, initiative, persistent, adaptable/flexible, independent and comfortable making decisions, multi-tasking, integrity, self control and adhere to a code of ethical conduct
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies with stakeholders.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- Participates in the selection of suppliers based on best criteria’s.
- Complies with the Regulatory Authority procedures and regulations.
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices.
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers.
- Processes the necessary clearance documents e.g Way bills etc.
- Ensures the proper processing of assigned customer orders e.g. Verifies quantification of orders; Verifies that the required order is within the agreed budget.
- Submits final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance is achieved across the organisation.
- Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
- Develop and maintaining close working relationships with internal and external contacts as appropriate.
- Any other duty of similar responsibilities assigned from time to time.