Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
IT Infrastructure Architect at Huawei
Job Title: IT Infrastrucutre Architect
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination, irrespective of race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy state, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
- Suitable candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or any related field.
- Masters Degree is not required but may be an advantage.
- ITIL Certification.
- TOGAF 9 Certification.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure: hardware, virtual environment, cloud, hosting service and network areas; the most recent eight (8) years must be as a full time IT Infrastructure Architect.
- Responsible for planning, designing and implementing enterprise IT infrastructure (solutions) which will adequately support the enterprise information systems and business goals of the organization under ITO scope.
- Act as subject matter expert for supporting, reviewing and enhancing the existing IT Infrastructure architecture including (but not limited to) those of computing systems, security systems, storage systems, network & voice communication, and entire data center.
- Ensure that all IT infrastructure / systems are working at optimal levels thereby effectively ensuring application availability and performance.
- Drive both short & long term IT infrastructure architecture strategy for the overall IT operations & project portfolio.
- Design, develop and/or validate infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions under ITO scope.
- Participate in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Advise the organization on IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes; maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations.
- Communicate and validate IT architecture with the infrastructure team, project management office (PMO), and technology services team.
- Develop long-term strategy for historical data retention, and archival plan as required; work with the enterprise architect and applications SMEs to define data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans.
- Develop and provide comprehensive disaster recovery architecture that incorporates highly available server, storage area network(s) (SAN) and network architectures that are in compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events.
- Develop enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Develop specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
- Provide third level support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
- Communicate and collaborate with other staff as well as colleagues in-country and other parts of the world for configuration, troubleshooting.