Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Head Of Sales And Marketing at Confidential
Job Title: Head of sales and Marketing for e-commerce start-up
Our client is an e-commerce platform set for launch in November 2016. It needs a head of sales and marketing to drive its commercial ambitions. The company office is located in Lekki, Lagos with proposed operating centres across Nigeria
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 5+ years’ experience
- E-commerce experience strongly preferred
- Ability to penetrate and conduct meetings at high levels with the merchants, customers, partners etc.’
- Proven ability to incorporate Category, Consumer and Shopper understanding into insights and recommendations into a powerful, cohesive selling story
- Strong project management skills with the ability prioritize multiple tasks to meet the needs of various functional areas
- Ability to build relationships and influence multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Strong Customer Focus, communication, decision making, and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential
- Strategic thought leadership
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal communication
- P&L management
- Systems proficiency – Microsoft Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word, Outlook
- Drive sales across the platform services and products across different customer categories
- Develop annual strategic business plans as well as Proactively monitor and update the platforms channel's overall business plan, including managing trade budgets, spending, and volume, to achieve all sales objectives versus plan.
- Conduct category business strategy sessions to discuss the state of the business, consumer trends, key business drivers, incremental opportunities, etc. Leverage team-dedicated Insight and Category Management resources appropriately.
- Monitor and manage all platform marketing activities both internal and externally to understand promotional activity, pricing, competitive new product introductions, and marketing campaigns. Develop a plan to manage, work around, or avoid potential channel conflicts within all retail accounts.
- Manage, communicate, and monitor performance of our 3rd party sales rep group for the platform
- Build and foster strong business relationships with marketing teams to maximize our promotional sales and provide strategic thought leadership
- Develop accurate monthly forecasts in order to maximize supply chain efficiencies by tracking shipments, consumption data and inventory changes. Proactively call out potential risks or threats to monthly forecasts
- Become a product and industry expert and be viewed as a true asset to our E-commerce partners
- Sell-in new items to customer and work with key customer personnel to achieve optimal distribution.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on current systems, strategies, initiatives, and processes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall E-commerce program.
- Monitor E-Commerce industry trends and competitive activity to identify opportunities and threats to company growth initiatives
- Provide retailer with Monthly/Quarterly scorecard including sales, market share, regional performance, brand performance, promotions, and track progress against objectives.
Interested candidate should please forward their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org