Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Head Haulage Division - (job Ref: HHDL) at StreSERT Services Limited
Job Title: Head Haulage Division at StreSERT Services Limited
Our client is a group of companies based in Lagos and into the services of freight, haulage and courier/express services.
Objective of the Head, Haulage position
The purpose of this job is to oversee the transportation of products/goods from suppliers to distributors. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, effective people skills and the ability to manage logistics to ensure the methods used are safe, efficient and reliable; must have extensive experience in general haulage services with at least 4 years managerial experience/competence covering general management, marketing, and haulage operations.
• Manage a fleet of trailers and other heavy duty equipment whilst ensuring zero down time always
• Supervise the daily activities of the division within the group
• Manage drivers/operators and ensure compliance to safety and company policies
• Plan and implement preventive and corrective maintenance
• Direct the activities of staff in relation to transportation operations including dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles
• Design operational master plan for the Haulage division
• Drive business expansion of the division
• Coordinate delivery, repair, procurement, recovery etc
• Ensures the profitability of the Haulage division in the group
• Conduct investigations to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures
• Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints
• Interview, select, coach, train, manage, and appraise the performance of drivers
• Remain current with latest transportation technology systems and procedures
• Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates
• Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes
• Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property to increase efficiency and services of transportation operations
• Drive the Business Development of the subsidiary
• Ensure actualization of the division’s targets
• Design internal appraisal measures to ensure optimal performance of officers
• Drive and promote safe handling of all consignments
• Maintains a safe and organized storage facility for all shipments in transit (warehousing related)
• Design standard flow chart for the Company’s delivery process
• Co-ordinate delivery network across all branches
• Graduate in Business, transportation, Shipping, Logistics Management or other related disciplines. Additional certifications in logistics, haulage, transportation etc will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of seven (7) years experience in a related role and industry, with at least four (4) of those in managerial level.
Salary & Application:
·Salary is attractive and open to negotiation.
·Qualified applicants should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘HHDL’ as subject of mail before 15th September, 2016. Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.