Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Head Freight Division (job Ref: FRE–2LA) at StreSERT Services Limited
Job Title: HEAD FREIGHT DIVISION - (job ref: FRE–2LA)
Our client is a group of companies based in Lagos and into the services of freight, haulage and courier/express services.
Objective of the Head, Freight position
The purpose of this job is to oversee the transportation of products/goods from suppliers to distributors. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, effective people skills and the ability to manage logistics to ensure the methods used are safe, efficient and reliable; must have extensive experience in general freight services with at least 4 years managerial experience/competence covering general management, marketing, and freight operations.
• Oversee air and ocean freight shipments/cargoes' packaging and deliveries
• Put structure in the division to align with the goals of the entire group
• Coordinate shipping logistics with exporters, warehousing companies, retailers, etc.
• Ensure that shipping, storage and distribution procedures meet company policies and government regulations
• Constantly research new rules and regulations and consult port authorities, airlines, highway departments and customs' agencies to ensure compliance with freight and shipping guidelines.
• Prepare the division's financial and administrative reports for onward submission to the CEO
• Must be familiar with the corresponding fees like international tariffs, warehouse storage charges and weight costs
• Constantly in the know of availability of products and services, back orders, shortages and customer special requests.
• Design operational master plan for the freight subsidiary
• Ensure the profitability of the freight division in the group
• Drive the business development of the division
• Ensure and maintain standard of operations at all times.
• Ensure actualization of the subsidiary’s targets
• Co-ordinates the research and development unit
• Design internal appraisal measures to ensure optimal performance of officers
• Drive and promote safe handling of all consignments
• Maintain a safe and organized storage facility for all shipments in transit (warehousing related)
• Design standard flow chart for the company’s delivery process
• Maintain a high security level of all goods in transit
• Co-ordinate delivery network across all branches
Graduate in Business, Shipping, Logistics Management or other related disciplines. Additional certifications in freight forwarding will be an advantage.
Minimum of seven (7) years experience in a related role and industry, with at least 4 of those in managerial level
Salary & Application:
Salary is attractive and open to negotiation.
Qualified applicants should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘FRE–2LA’ as subject of mail before 15th September, 2016. Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.