Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Corporate Finance Manager, Compliance And Controls at BAT
Job Title: Corporate Finance Manager, Compliance and Controls
The jobholder will support Management in maintaining an appropriate balance of risk and control through the review of internal controls, investigations followed by recommending action plans to help maintain an appropriate balance of risk and control within the organisation. In addition, the role holder shall promote awareness of control and risk throughout the business and ensure compliance with UK and local Corporate Governance requirements.
- Sound analytical and statistical skills
- Minimum of 4 years knowledge and experience in FMCG environment.
- Graduate with finance & accounting majors and extensive commercial experience will also be considered
- High strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Good communication skill
- Working knowledge of SAP applications and its in-built controls.
- Possession of MBA and membership of Chartered Institute of Taxation are added advantage with a highly commercial approach.
1. Operational / Technical / Professional Results:
- Produce & communicate control environment progress to BAT Nigeria Leadership Team whilst highlighting potential internal control weaknesses within BAT Nigeria and ensuring that corrective actions are executed effectively on time."Stress test” the internal controls and governance procedures and processes within BATN to proactively envisage likely control gaps for appropriate remedial action.
- Discuss the compliance checks carried out on each process, the approach used and the timing of the checks with the internal and external auditors. Keep the management and the auditors abreast of any issues that may effect the audit planning, execution or outcome.
- Review projects & programs in the end market at the initiation, work in progress and completion stages, with the aim of embedding controls, business policies and procedures during implementation to achieve the objective of good corporate governance.
- Based on the External and Internal audit results, identify and highlight to management the potential processes that require overhauling to achieve transparency and control efficiencies with in BATN and its subsidiaries.
- Perform pre-audit preparation as appropriate to evaluate the control effectiveness of BATN and its subsidiaries’ processes, discuss the results of the review and follow up on the Management action plans.
- Perform investigations at the request of Management where compliance with existing controls are suspected of having broken down and discuss the results and agree relevant action plans.
- Monitor the process and structural changes within the organization and assess its implications on the control environment. Advise management on remedial action to sustain the control environment as well as reducing business risk exposure.
2. Leadership Results:
- Provide guidance during the implementation of new business processes to ensure that controls and compliance with policies & procedures are duly considered, and fully incorporated in the Process Improvement plan.
- Act as custodian for BATN and its subsidiaries’ Delegation of Authority as well as monitoring deviations from Regional and Global Delegation of Authority. Ensure DoA is kept up-to-date to reflect current business reality and operating structures needs; also raise awareness and drive compliance with DoA throughout Nigeria end market.
- Develop means and methods within the organisation to promote and monitor the compliance with Group/local governance rules and requirements; - (BAT Plc combine code / Standard of business conduct, relevant provisions of Company & Allied Matters Act and Central Bank of Nigeria’s Manual on Foreign Exchange & Miscellaneous provisions).
3. Management Results:
- Coordinate with AME Region the request for exemptions from applying certain policies and procedures when necessary by providing the region with justifications for such exemptions.
- To provide administrative support to the Nigeria Area Audit & CSR Committee, as well as its Risk Management Committee.
4. Relationship Results:
- Develop a collaborative relationship with the senior management as a centre of excellence for controls and risk management. - - Actively support management in Group governance framework (e.g. Control Navigator, Internal Control Signoff, IRIs, SOBC, etc).
- Work closely with security function in promoting and embedding the company risk management guidelines and support the production of robust business risks templates.
5. Innovation Results:
- Leverage technology to proactively manage control & governance issues associated with various on going Change Programs in Nigeria market, with a view of ensuring appropriate balance of risks and controls during and after the transition periods.