Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
TA Wash Specialist, L-3 at UNICEF
Job Title:TA Wash Specialist, L-3
UNICEF is a leading advocate for children. They have the global authority to influence decision makers and the variety of partners at the grassroots level to turn the most innovative ideas into reality. They believe that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress. UNICEF was created with this purpose in mind - to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child's path.
Qualification: University degree and equivalent experience in a subject area relevant to the cluster required. Advanced University degree preferred. Extensive work experience relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for formal qualifications. Formal training in cluster coordination an advantage.
Skills / Requirement: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is considered an asset.
Job Description: Collect, analyze and report on WiE working group activities and resources using existing tools (5W, gap table…) or develop new coordination tools if requested. Train the partners on their use
- Establish and maintain information databases that consolidate, analyse and report/disseminate information including development of maps, critical to decision making.
- Facilitate joint needs assessment with WiE sector partners to determine WASH sector priorities and an appropriate intervention by UNICEF based on the local emergency situation affecting children, their families and community.
- Timely delivery of assistance and supplies is provided, urgent staffing requirements are identified, and the appropriate use of UNICEF resources is monitored for effective project delivery.
- Lead on the preparation of SitRep inputs for Maidugiri Field Office with emphasis on WiE Working Group plans, targets and achievements. Monitoring and reporting the implementation of the WiE Working Group strategy and results; recommending corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure that there is effective communication, reporting, engagement and coordination between the WiE working groups at the national and sub-national levels.
- Represent the WaSH sector in coordination meeting with OCHA and participate to coordination efforts leaded by OCHA (Information Management, multi-sectorial Emergency preparedness plan, multi-sectorial assessment).
- Provide support to Yobe's State to strengthen coordination efforts.
- In coordination with the Ministry of Water Resources, co-lead and prepare coordination meetings according to guidelines.