Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
System Administrator For E-TB Manager at Management Sciences for Health
Job Title: System Administrator for e-TB Manager
The System Administrator will be an integral part of everyday working of e-TB Manager. The main role of the System Administrator is to keep e-TB Manager up and mitigate risks that may result in a server failure. Another role of the system administrator is to support future maintenance of the software, as needed, after the implementation of the system. In this case, this will require experience with software development in Java. Experience in healthcare industry is preferred.
- 1+ year of Windows NT Server administration, including backup, networking and file sharing configuration;
- 2+ years of Windows Operating System, including Internet configuration;
- Strong knowledge of Linux (or any Unix-based system);
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft Office package;
- 2+ years of J2EE development experience and Java for WEB (Experience with JBOSS AS is preferred);
- Solid grasp of the following Java frameworks: Hibernate, SEAM, RichFaces;
- Strong skills in SQL development;
- Strong grasp of database integration with web applications.
- Support installation and upgrade of e-TB Manager countrywide;
- Setup and execute backup routines of database and current version of e-TB Manager;
- Monitor server activities to guarantee that e-TB Manager is running without compromise any server resource;
- Plan server resource usage according to planned demand of user requests in a long term basis;
- Support and troubleshooting of e-TB Manager server usage;
- Manage and support operating system upgrades and server fixes;
- Responsible for monitoring the product development status and ensure the product works as expected;
- Research and resolve production issues;
- Develop technical documentation, test results documentation and SOP documentation;
- Maintaining an understanding of software solutions related to the healthcare industry and adapting to trends/needs within the industry;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, evidenced by the ability to communicate complex technical subjects to senior management and non-technical audiences.