Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
IP Security Engineer X2 at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria is seeking the service of IP Security Engineer X2 to provide Day To Day Operational And Maintenance Support For The MTN Nigeria’s Enterprise Data Network Based On Network Security Technology. At MTN, our people are the most critical competitive asset. We employ only the very best and invest in your growth and development.If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes in the difference that people make and in delivering value to our customers, MTN Nigeria is the place for you.
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech Or HND
Skills / Requirement:
• Demonstrate Knowledge In Security Policies
• Knowledge Of Interworking With TAC And Other Cisco Services
• Prior Experience In Telecommunications Or Service Provider Functionality Is Key
• C.C.N.P Routing & Switching
• C.C.N.P Security Or C.C.S.P
• IP /MPLS Training
• Project Management
Extract Value From What We Already Have By Focusing On Optimizing Processes Within The Unit/Department In Line With The Value Creation Philosophy. This Includes Individual Contributions And Recommendations To Improve Existing Business Project/Initiative.
• Drive Innovation By Identifying And Taking Advantage Of New Business Opportunities, E.G., By Stimulating And Encouraging New Business Opportunities, Launch Of Products, Product/Process Innovation, Business Model Innovation Etc.
• Maintain Leadership In The ICT/Digital Industry By Partnering With MTNN’s Partners To Improve Their Processes Which In Turn Will Improve The Efficiency Of MTNN’s Operations.
• Enhance/Expand MTN’s Role In The Larger National Macro Environment By Participating In CSR Projects And/Or NGO’s, Involvement In Recognized Professional Institutions, Participating In Think-Tank Activities Etc.
• Sustain The Right Organisational Culture And Behaviors By Demonstrating The Vital Behaviours Every Time.
• Coordinate High Level Understanding Of Multi-Services Platforms, Routing Protocols ISIS / RIP / RSVP / OSPF / BGP / IBGP / And Trouble Shoot Down To Packet Level.
• Guarantee In-Depth Knowledge Of IP/MPLS Protocols, NMS Systems, Firewalls, Cisco Works, CIC, Identify With Layer 2 And 3 VPN In Line With The Service Level Agreements.
• Implement Site-To-Site And Remote Access VPN
• Implement Firewalling Technologies And Network Access Control Methodologies.
• Implement Mile Business Connectivity Access Technologies Like GPR
• Implement Network Access Control Across Different Network Segment On The IP/MPLS Network
• Ensure Security And Preventative Measures For Unauthorized Access.
• Escalate Network Related Fault And Network Clearance Rate.
• Ensure Quality Roll-Out Of New Data/Services Working With Marketing And IP System Planning.
• Perform New Node Implementation And Cut Over.
• Provide Emergency Maintenance On IP/MPLS Network With Security Skills High Level Trouble Shooting.
• Achieve Planned Works Completion Rate.
• Liaise With IP Vendors, Interfacing With TAC Centres And Vendor Tier 2 And 3 Support Staff.