Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
General Manager, Regional Operations at IHS Towers
Job Title: General Manager, Regional Operations
The Regional General Manager will lead and manage all operational activities for IHS in the Region, providing strategic and operational leadership to the technology and associated support functions. The position will work closely with both direct and matrix leadership teams to ensure that financial and growth objectives are met.
Skills / Requirement:
- Computer and Information Management.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications.
- Financial Management.
- Data Management.
- End User Support.
- Planning and Budgeting.
- SLA and Vendor Management.
- Resource Management.
- B.Sc. Engineering (Electrical/Telecommunications preferred).
- 15 years hands on experience in Telecomuincations or IT Industry.
- 8 years in a senior management role.
- Responsible for translating IHS strategic objectives into actionable operational plans detailing clear implementation roadmap and milestones.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Develop metrics required to measure business processes and performance, build tools and job aids for monitoring performance and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention in critical areas for constant improvement.
- Develop annual budgetary plans for the region and monitor, track and approve CAPEX and OPEX trends in the Region.
- Manage day-to-day organizational and business relationships with IHS organization and stakeholders in the region.
- Manage the supplier relationships to ensure deliverables are achieved in timely and cost effective period.
- Manage financial resources within contractual boundaries.
- Provide input into budget.
- Ensure optimization of resources
- Provide input into continuous development of site maintenance processes.
- Continually exploit creative ways of reducing expenditure (OPEX and CAPEX) through efficiency, cost management and negotiations.
- Continually assess operational and business continuity risks and provide timely awareness as well as deploying mitigating initiatives.
- Provide the organization the vision, and leadership to shape the operations into a coordinated business unit. Utilize the IHS usiness system to its fullest potential to develop efficient, profitable and effective manufacturing capabilities.
- Monitor business performance against plan and makes adjustments as needed.
- Stay informed of market and customer trends in order to anticipate developments and plan accordingly.
- Identify and develop possibilities for future business growth , including possible acquisitions, bringing them to the attention to the relevant team for further investigation and possible next steps
- Ensure customer satisfaction, high levels of service and promote continuous improvement efforts in order to drive repeated business and customer loyalty.
- Effectively collaborate across functions (working in the matrix) to build joint objectives to reach regional goals.
- Be the public spokesperson for IHS in the country/region.
- Assure that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, IHS policy, and good corporate citizenship. Meet all objectives to attain a safe workplace and environment for employees and customers
- Use of external and internal resources to achieve success; talent identification and development to drive success
- Application of broad, cross functional knowledge to produce results best fit for the organisation’s strategy
- Creation of an environment where everyone are held accountable for achieving goals and results
- Drives all ‘change’ initiatives as well as organisational priorities