Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
PR Manager at Jumia
Job Title: PR Manager
Jumia, Nigeria's no. 1 online retailer was established in May 2012 with the aim and vision to become the one-stop shop for retail in Nigeria with implementation of best practices both online and offline. Jumia started with 3 employees and now currently boasts of a staff strength of 1000 young and entrepreneurial Nigerians including our 150 man strong customer service team available 7 days a week.
Jumia is recruiting a PR manager to foster brand equity and maintain excellent relationship with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications or related field from a recognised and accredited University
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field is an advantage
- Professional Certification in Marketing or related field is a plus
- Indepth knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the E-commerce Industry.
Skills / Requirement
- Background in one of the following areas is preferred: e-commerce, list-building publisher, media
- Proven track record of using online marketing tools to drive user acquisition.
- Strong communication, presentation, networking and collaboration skills is a must
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinker
- Balance of strategy, implementation, and hand-on skillset
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving, dynamic company culture and industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Time management skills and the proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously and under pressure
- Well organized and detail oriented with demonstrated strong professional performance
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven start-up environment
- Create and execute successful acquisition marketing campaigns, media strategies, and marketing programs to increase the company’s awareness, drive user growth and retention
- Drive engagement in digital marketing: increase company’s website traffic and acquisition of new audiences through online marketing tools and tactics, including and not limited to search (paid and SEO), user acquisition and list building tactics, and affiliate marketing.
- Ability to question the status quo and develop marketing initiatives that support overall strategic business goals.
- Develop analytics dashboard and identify improvements to drive greater audiences and deeper engagement.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to support prioritized initiatives across multiple platforms (such as social media), resulting in increased customer acquisition
- Establish new partnerships and promotional programs that reach sizeable external audiences to drive significant new users and website traffic
- Drive TV Network partnerships by delivering exceptional integrated marketing experiences which support their programming and business goals
- Lead a team including acquisition marketing, digital marketing, social media and PR
- Contribute as an integral member of the leadership team, defining ongoing priorities and contributing in all areas of the business