Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Port Captain Nigeria at Maersk Group
Job Title: Port Captain Nigeria
With offices in over 130 countries, Maersk has the scope to help you achieve even your most ambitious career goals. From shipping to energy, our diversified activities enable us to offer life-changing careers for generalists and specialists alike. Discover new career opportunities in your local area or wherever you choose in the world.
- At least a marine diploma or an equivalent level in Shipping, Logistics, Transport or science background is preferred
- Previous experience in Operations Execution as Port Captain, Operations Manager etc.
- Working knowledge of Maersk Line systems (e.g. RKEM, GSIS, GCSS) is imperative
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a transportation/container business role within operations, capacity management, Marine or Cargo Execution
- Lead your team, providing coaching, training and improving their execution processes.
- Drive and improve port productivity and reduce vessel port stay by executing the port call gameplan.
- Identify and address operational stoppages, with view to eliminate, by Root cause analysis, process improvement and best sharing practices.
- Build and maintain Internal and External relationships and ensure engagement with all stakeholders.
- Logging and resolving of all Vessel, Equipment and Cargo claims within the Container Terminal
- Informing the AFRLOC of progress on the execution of the agreed capacity and marine plans (berthing lineup, execution of stowage plan, sitrep monitoring) per vessel.
- Help the AFRLOC and the local organization make well informed choices between commercial upsides and operational exposures
- Ensure the Terminal, Port Authorities and Stevedore execute the plans of the AFRLOC for each vessel; this includes addressing and resolving Stowage related issues.