Stay ahead of the curve, be the first to know of any new job opening
Logistics Leader -HC, EAGM Sub-Region at General Electric
Job Title: Logistics Leader -HC, EAGM Sub-Region
Summary: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of work experience in logistics, material management, warehousing, or supply chain management
- 2. 3 yeas of experience working in logistics, materials management, warehousing and distribution, or supply chain management.
- 3. Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Power Point, and Word
- 4. Good Knowledge of ERP/ WMS/ TMS
- 5. A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- 6. Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Skills or Requirement:
The Logistics Leader is responsible for the management of warehousing, consolidation and transportation. This includes initiating improvements in logistics operation, and facilitates a strategic outlook that will better serve all stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for On Time Shipment (Inbound & Outbound) / SCOT for transportation
• Overcome road blocks to ensure shipment is made in line with internal and external customers requirements
• Drive warehousing optimization/Lean projects
• Establish and maintain focus on safety, driving 0 Lost Time Accident initiative
• Establish and maintain ISO/GAC approved procedures for all operations
• Develop, coach and lead consolidation team, setting measurable goals and objectives to evaluate success
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
4. Knowledge and understanding of International Trade Compliance, identify, report and resolve any trade compliance issues.
5. Knowledge of operating within security programs such as CTPAT and AEO to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met.